Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Those Who Are Not Yet Saved

While this is highly speculative, I wondered this morning if, when we speak of unbelievers as being "not yet saved," as Christians, we may implicitly concede that it is a decision that can be put off somehow. That is certainly not the case, and, of course, we know that ("Choose THIS day who you will serve;" "TODAY is the day of salvation"). I don't even know if it comes into our conversations with those nonbelievers with whom we are trying to share the Gospel. Certainly there is room for it in our prayers, and with other believers, since we know that God is drawing unto Himself a people from every tribe, tongue, people, and nation. And, we would trust in our prayers (as I did this morning) that He IS working, and will continue to work in people's lives, unto salvation. Nevertheless, I wondered, out loud, if this bears any resonance for you, my fellow "strivers in Christ." Just curious.

No comments: