Monday, April 14, 2008

Blessed


As I sat in my living room this morning, eating my cheesy eggs, I was struck by how blessed I am. Even in the midst of a move, with so many things in boxes, I was still surrounded by "things." God has been good! As my thoughts moved further, I realized my dog was peacefully at rest in his crate, bothering me not at all! What a blessing! My cat was playfully batting around a paper clip, providing much entertainment. How blessed! My wife was quietly asleep, nurturing our little one even then. Delightfully blessed!

God is good, and it's amazing how well a sunny day on a crisp morning has reminded me of that. With all of life's trials, and the swirling confusion about me, the sweet serenity that sunlight and frost lend to my day far outweigh the heavy thoughts on my mind. My outlook brightens, hope sets in, and optimism prevails, as I am reminded, yet again, God is on His throne. He jealously guards His children, as they evidence His glory, and, even in the midst of trial, things are made new and aright. As gold is refined, so are we. As the slumber of winter awakens to spring, so must we. "Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed" (John 12:24). God is doing a great work, but growth takes pain. Believe me, I remember; I'm not that far removed from adolescence. So, I'm encouraged, because God is God, and He is good!

1 comment:

Adam Pohlman said...

Thanks Jeremy for the reminder. It is amazing how God can use a sunny day to bring joy.