Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Reality Check


News from Egypt

"I'm in real danger, but I trust God because He is alive. My comfort is that it is only a short time I'm spending here on earth, but there will be a long time that I'll spend with Him. - "Lana," a former Muslim Egyptian

Beaten and abandoned by her family, "Lana" was penniless and with nowhere to live, as her family now considered an infidel, because of her newfound faith. Detained for three days, having her head shaved and leg broken, "Lana" was finally returned back to her family, who responded by abandoning her again.

News from Morocco

Through the Internet, "Majdy" came to know the Lord, through the Christian witness of a Syrian girl who pointed out to him that, of all the 100 names for God in Islam, none refers to Him as "Love." Struck by that, "Majdy" accepted Christ, no longer attending mosque or reciting Koranic prayers. Hiding for fear of his life from his father, "Majdy" prays for his family, convinced they will see the light of the Gospel.

News from Algeria

Strumming his guitar and singing Christian hymns, "Hazim" shares the Gospel with any who ask him to stop singing as they travel on the train. On a seven-hour ride, "Hazim" explains that "Muslims have nowhere to escape. They have to listen to me." Already responsible for the planting of six churches, "Hazim" is "fearless and will go anywhere."

Lord, may we be. May we Rescue the Perishing.

1 comment:

Adam Pohlman said...

I really like these updates from Christians around the world. Helps keep in mind the big picture.

I read a book called Martyrs (by DC Talk and Voice of the Martyrs) and now have Fox's Book of Martyrs and they are great encouragements from people who are much more faithful than I am in much more difficult situations.