Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Revival Preparation


As I have been reading through the provided materials to prepare us for the upcoming renewal services, I have been increasingly convicted of my worldliness in many areas of my life. I have often gotten caught up in the American Dream of having a great wife, a couple kids, a steady job, a nice home with a beautiful yard, and a grill to sit on my deck to enjoy with the neighbors on a nice summer day. While there is nothing specifically wrong with these things, it is so easy to get caught up in this world, forgetting that this world is not my home; I am a citizen of another world.

In my search for guidance out of this worldly attitude, I was brought back to the famous Revival Hymn. It is a compilation of some older sermons set to powerful music. I have heard it many times before, but as I listened to it again, I really recognized the shallow Christianity that has taken over today's church. I cry about my sin and the sinfulness of this world when I listen to this compilation; yearning for the restoration of the world. As we prepare for the upcoming revival services, I pray that the following can help you in the preparation of your own heart.



An mp3 version can be downloaded here to listen to on your computer or iPod.

No comments: